|PROPTEIN SUPPLEMENTATION STRATEGIES|
McNess Ruffage-Mate™ products are designed to be fed in cattle in pasture. Blended to be highly palatable, the Furst-McNess nutritionists have developed Ruffage-Mate™ to be fed directly from the bag. The blended proteins in Ruffage-Mate™ provide an optimum rumen nitrogen profile for cattle consuming low quality forages. With Ruffage-Mate 52, your cattle get cost-effective supplementation of protein, vitamins and minerals all in one easy to use package.
For the first time ever, 100% dry distiller's grains with solubles are available in cubes. A new patented process can now create a hard distiller's cube that won't crumble. McNess Bova Cubes™ can be fed on the ground wihout high wastage or wind losses. A convenient, quality feed for cows, stockers or calves. Northern & Southern Cubes sourced out of Lexington and Ord, NE
Bova Calf Cubes™
For the first time, 100% dry distiller's grains with solubles are available in 7/16" mini cubes. These convenient mini's can be fed to calves, sheep, goats and deer. This new patented process creates a hard distiller's mini cube that won't crumble. McNess Bova Calf Cubes™ can be fed in a bunk or on the ground without wastage or wind loss. Northern & Southern Calf Cubes sourced out of Lexington and Ord, NE
Furst-McNess makes it convenient to feed distiller's grains on the range with Bova Tubs™. You already know the advantages and cost savings of using distillers grains, and the tubs make it easier to feed your herd. Put the pre-filled tubs in the back of your pickup and take them where they're needed. A free-choice supplement with added vitamins and mineral for pasture or roughage rations used for continuous feeding; expected intake is 1-3 pounds per head per day with these 200 pound tubs. 28% Bova Max Tubs sourced out of Montezuma, GA; 35% Bova Max Tubs sourced out of Montezuma, GA; 28% Bova Max Calf Tubs-AF-MOS sourced out of Montezuma, GA
| MINERAL SUPPLEMENTATION STRATEGIES
McNess Bova-Min, Bova-Breeder and Bova-Breeder Premier products are designed to provide the supplemental minerals and vitamins essential to the health and productivity of beef cattle. Formulated with palatability enhancers for free-choice feeding, cattle consume Bova-Min, Bova-Breeder and Bova-Breeder Premier consistently.
Bova-Min products feature high levels of available trace minerals to overcome deficiencies and imbalances in pasture and range forages. Vitamin supplementation ensures adequacy during periods when cattle are on hay or stock-piled pastures. Variable phosphorus levels between the products allow for optimal supplementation with varying forage and soil types. These minerals are designed to provide vitamins and minerals essential to the health and productivity of beef cattle.
- Bova-Min 6 is designed for use with grass based forages.
- Bova-Min 9 is designed to be used on mixed legume grass based forages.
- Bova-Min 12 is the highest phosphorus product in the line. It is designed to be used in areas that have low phosphorus levels in the soil.
- Bova-Min 2-T is formulated to be fed free choice to cattle on pasture being fed corn co-products. When beef cattle on pasture or hay are receiving protein and energy supplementation with distiller’s grains or corn gluten feed, they also are receiving phosphorus supplementation. Contains thiamine to help prevent nervous disorders (polioencephalomalacia – PEM) associated with corn co-product diets high in sulfur.
Bova-Breeder and Bova-Breeder Premier products feature highly available and absorbable trace minerals coming from Zinpro Corporation’s Availa products. These products are well suited for use from 60 days prior to calving through rebreeding or for year round use when known mineral imbalances are present. Bova-Breeder products contain a similar nutrient profile to the Bova Min line. The differences include the fact that a third of the Zn, Mn, Cu, and all of the Co is coming from a chelated source while the Vitamin E level is doubled.
- Bova-Breeder 6 is designed for use with grass based forages.
- Bova-Breeder 9 is designed to be used on mixed legume grass based forages.
- Bova-Breeder 12 is the highest phosphorus product in the line. It is designed to be used in areas that have low phosphorus levels in the soil.
Bova-Breeder Premier products contain a similar nutrient profile to the Bova-Min and Breeder product lines. The difference is that at the recommended feeding rate they will receive the full rate of Zinpro's Availa 4 and double the Vitamin E level. Also available with Bio-Mos® to support gut health and integrity.
- Bova-Breeder Premier 6 – Availa 4 is a product designed for use with grass based forages.
- Bova-Breeder Premier 9 – Availa 4 is designed to be used on mixed legume grass based forages.
- Bova-Breeder Premier 6-MOS – Availa 4
- Bova-Breeder Premier 9-MOS – Availa 4
Bova-Mag Bova-Mag 5 is a free choice mineral designed to provide high levels of available magnesium to cattle that are at risk for grass tetany. Grass tetany is caused by low blood magnesium levels. This may be due to a simple deficiency of magnesium in the diet or to factors which reduce the efficiency of magnesium utilization by the animal such as high nitrogen and potassium levels in the forage. Bova-Mag 5 contains 13% magnesium and 5% phosphorous. Feeding between 10 and 12 grams per head daily of highly available magnesium the month before tetany is likely to occur can help prevent the problem from happening.
For feeding directions, to speak with one of our beef nutritionists, or to be connected with one of our Beef Account Managers, email: email@example.com.