Web Application Developer - Freeport, IL or Des Moines, IA
Furst-McNess Company is currently expanding our Web Application Development team. We are seeking a creative and intuitive Web Application Developer with strong communication skills who is ready to accept the responsibility of becoming an integral part of our development team. The right candidate will have the opportunity to develop and maintain intranet and internet web based solutions that provide our customers and employees increased engagement and profitability. This individual may be based in our office in Freeport, IL or Des Moines, IA. If you are looking for an opportunity to quickly impact an organization please submit your resume to our Human Resources Dept. via email to email@example.com.
- Design and develop internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout the development life cycle; determining methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using the Microsoft Dot Net programming environment.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchased alternatives.
- Utilize a variety of client/server platforms when assigned to project teams within an assigned business unit or corporate department.
- Under the leadership and tactical supervision of a project leader, collaborate with company customers, staff, IT and other stakeholders to identify user requirements, assess available technologies, and recommend solution options.
- Attend training classes on a time-to-time basis for industry-related software enhancements.
- Perform other work related duties as requested or required.
- Be able to succeed within the culture of Furst-McNess Company.
- Must perform essential job functions with or without accommodation.
- Minimum of an Associate's degree, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Visual Basic language using the Microsoft Dot Net programming environment. Knowledge of C+, JAVA, HTML, ASP, XML, and SQL are beneficial. Must also possess strong analytical, communication and written skills and be able to work independently. Knowledge of the SAP ERP systems is highly desired.
- Possess strong analytical, communication and written skills and be able to work independently.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Must be willing to be on call and report to work in the event of a production problem.
- Must be capable of working with other locations and subsidiaries of Furst-McNess, which may result in overnight travel or temporary relocation.
- Ability to effectively organize work schedules and manages multiple assignments by utilizing time management skills to ensure day-to-day assignments and special projects are completed within guidelines agreed upon.
- Ability to work as an effective team member within the IT department and company, as a whole. Willingness to pitch in and do work that may not be a specific part of the job description for the overall good of the department and company.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plan.
- Paid vacation/floating holidays/company holidays.
- Competitive 401(k) program.
Please submit your resume to our Human Resources Dept. via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via fax at 815-232-9705 or send via mail to Furst-McNess Company, Attn: Human Resources, 120 E Clark St., Freeport, IL 61032.