Merchandising Assistant - Ingersoll, ON
Furst-McNess Company is seeking a Merchandising Assistant to join our team in Ingersoll, ON. This individual will report to the Merchandising Manager of Canada will be responsible for the coordination and distribution of commodities within the region, assist in credit and collection activity of region and provide support to other regional functions as required.
- Assist in the coordination and distribution of commodities for the Region.
- Initiate regular customer contact, determines delivery requirements, new sales opportunities, and sets up schedules accordingly. Coordinate customer contact with assigned field personnel.
- Communicate with suppliers, mills, truckers and railways as required, to ensure that each delivery arrives at the farm on schedule.
- Responsible for inventory management of assigned contract supply points.
- Compile quality control data from supply sources and distribute internally and externally.
- Initiate calls to prospective customers.
- Complete all related billing logs.
- Regularly update position sheets and information sheets, maintaining accuracy.
- Assist with entering of daily purchases into system and communicate relevant information with staff.
- Complete and mail sales and purchase contracts promptly.
- Assist in credit and collection activity within region.
- Provide support to other regional functions as required when colleagues are absent due to vacation or illness.
- Participate in Company meetings in a sales and merchandising capacity as required.
- Maintain contact with customers in relation to their existing and potential volume of business.
- Keep a pulse on competitive activity and communicate appropriately within the group.
- Participate in industry tradeshows and associations as is reasonable.
- Submit required cycle reports, expense accounts, etc., as dictated by Company guidelines.
- Perform other work related duties as requested or required.
- Be able to succeed within and adhere to the culture of the Furst-McNess Company.
- Ability to perform essential job functions with or without accommodation.
- Associates Degree from an accredited College.
- Proficient in the use of all office equipment.
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office products.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, and is capable of utilizing these skills within all levels of the Company as well as externally.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to all associates and management staff, showing a sense of urgency relative to solving problems, performing assigned tasks, employee concerns, etc.
- Ability to effectively organize work schedules and manage multiple assignments by utilizing time management skills to ensure day-to-day assignments and special projects are completed within guidelines agree upon.
- Ability to work as an effective team member within the operating area and company, as a whole. Willingness to pitch in and do work that may not be a specific part of the job description for the overall good of the department and company.
- Ability to be flexible and be willing to change along with recommending changes that can enhance our ability to serve both internal and external customers more effectively and in a professional manner. Respect other peoples’ points of view and able to take constructive criticism.
- Achievement oriented; commitment to learning; innovation.
- Displays a commitment to improve performance in current position as well as future development.
- Team oriented.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Sales incentive program.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plan.
- Paid vacation/floating holidays/company holidays.
- Competitive RSP pension program.
Please submit your resume to our Human Resources Dept. via email to email@example.com or via fax at 519-485-7442. Our office in Ingersoll, ON is located at 30 Wilson Street, Ingersoll, ON N5C 4E8.