Merchandiser/Logistics - Montezuma, GA
Furst-McNess Company is seeking a Merchandiser to join our team in Montezuma, GA. This individual will be engaged in commodity trading activity of the Company and spearhead development of markets for commodities through merchandising to livestock producers and/or feed production facilities. The foregoing is conducted working independently, in association with other Company resources and with external resources.
- Spearhead the development of existing and emerging market outlets for commodity products and related other companion products.
- Negotiate purchases of feed ingredients and sale of same in accordance with established company practices and at margin levels representative of business plans.
- Maintain close working relationship with suppliers, transportation companies/personnel, customers and manufacturing facilities.
- Ensure input on a daily basis of purchase and sale documents.
- Participate in Company meetings, keeping sales staff current on product development opportunities and techniques as part of the overall Team selling approach.
- Maintain contact with customers in relation to their existing and potential volume for business.
- Liaise with customers to keep them current on the availability of Company products, services, outside services and new product availability.
- Keep a pulse on competitive activity and work closely with Sr. Merchandiser or designate developing strategies, sales programs and execution of same in response.
- Keep records and produce reports on all phases of activities as required.
- Participate in the search and development of new business and product opportunities.
- In conjunction with field staff or independently as the situation dictates, develop new accounts by making presentations of Company programs, products and services to prospective clients.
- Utilize sound presentation skills and knowledge of competitive products and services.
- Work closely with all personnel regarding areas of credit and collection.
- Communicate reported service requests and/or complaints from customers according to Company policies and procedures.
- Participate in livestock industry tradeshows and associations as is reasonable.
- Submit required cycle reports, expense accounts, etc., as dictated by Company guidelines.
- Achieve cycle and annual sales forecasts by effectively utilizing all sales tools and resources provided.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Be able to succeed within the culture of Furst-McNess Company.
- Ability to perform essential job functions with or without accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness, or related Ag degree, or equivalent in related work experience along with 2 years minimum of active merchandising or related work experience.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of and the ability to sell commodity related products.
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office products.
- Proficient in the use of all office equipment.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and is capable of utilizing these skills within all levels of the Company as well as externally.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to all associates and management staff, showing a sense of urgency relative to solving problems, performing assigned tasks, employee concerns, etc.
- Ability to effectively organize work schedules and manage multiple assignments by utilizing time management skills to ensure day-to-day assignments and special projects are completed within guidelines agreed upon.
- Ability to work as an effective team member within the merchandising department and company, as a whole. Willingness to pitch in and do work that may not be a specific part of the job description for the overall good of the department and company.
- Ability to be flexible and be willing to change along with recommending changes that can enhance our ability to serve both internal and external customers more effectively and in a professional manner. Respect other peoples’ points of view and able to take constructive criticism.
- Ability to travel, either by car or by commercial plane, including overnight stays, as business dictates. Must, at all times, possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record (within guidelines set forth in company vehicle policy).
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plan.
- Paid vacation/floating holidays/company holidays.
- Competitive 401(k) program.
Please submit your resume to our Human Resources Dept. via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via fax at 815-232-9705 or send via mail to Furst-McNess Company, Attn: Human Resources, 120 E Clark St., Freeport, IL 61032.