Merchandiser - Ingersoll, ON
Furst-McNess Company is seeking a dynamic and energetic sales candidate for the position of Merchandiser in our office in Ingersoll, Ontario. This individual, in partnership with our Merchandising Manager, will be responsible for the development of markets for fiber and energy products. The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience in marketing of commodity products to end users and five years of experience in sourcing of the same products. This individual will be a key member in a small team of two to three individuals with a passion to deliver value to customers and increase market share of a specific commodity product or type in their assigned region.
- In concert with regional management and nutritional staff, spearhead the development of existing and emerging market outlets for commodity products and related other companion products.
- Negotiate purchases of agricultural commodities and co-products and sale of same in accordance with established company practices and at margin levels representative of business plans.
- Maintain close working relationship with suppliers, transportation companies/personnel, customers and manufacturing facilities.
- Maintain contact with customers in relation to their existing and potential volume for business.
- Liaise with customers to keep them current on the availability of Company products, services, outside services and new product availability.
- Keep a pulse on competitive activity and works closely with Vice President, Agri-Group or designate developing strategies, sales programs and execution of same in response.
- Be able to succeed within and adhere to the culture of the Furst-McNess Company.
- Must be a dynamic individual who is entrepreneurial, resourceful, and achievement oriented with a successful track record in the feed industry.
- Proven track record of five years or more of selling and sourcing commodities that have led to profitability for a team or division. Experience in working with fiber and energy commodities is preferable.
- Education equivalent to a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in agri-business, ag-economics, or related degree, or the equivalent in related work experience, along with five or more years of sales and marketing experience, preferably in farm gate commodity sales and merchandising, with five of those years in a significant leadership role.
- Ability to work in a demanding and dynamic environment liaising with a diverse field of players.
- Achievement oriented, commitment to learning and innovation, and possess a strategic business sense.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to all associates and management staff, showing a sense of urgency relative to solving problems, performing assigned tasks, employee concerns, etc.
- Ability to travel, either by car or by commercial plane, including overnight stays, as business dictates. Must, at all times, possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record (within guidelines set forth in Company vehicle policy).Must be a dynamic individual who is entrepreneurial, resourceful, and achievement oriented with exceptionally strong experience in the feed industry. Must have the ability to cross border between Canada and the US as required.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Sales incentive program.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plan.
- Paid vacation/floating holidays/company holidays.
- Competitive RSP pension program.
The Furst-McNess Company is an independent agricultural company providing customized vitamin and mineral premix, commodity blends, and feed ingredients to the beef, dairy, poultry and swine industry throughout the United States and Canada. We provide customized solutions and alternatives to our agricultural clients which lead to enhanced livestock performance and profitability. In addition, we offer innovative solutions to suppliers for feed residuals from the food, beverage and biofuel industries.
Our commitments of delivering value and building trusting relationships are what clearly defines the Furst-McNess Company. It starts with our team of dedicated, solutions-based, customer-focused sales and marketing professionals that work one-on-one with the producer and production facilities. In turn, each team member has a strong support staff of merchandisers, PhD nutritionists and sales management to aid in the development of personalized programs for our customers. In addition, our staff of commodity and logistics professionals is one of the best in the industry with the knowledge and experience to deliver quality ingredients directly from the supplier to you.
Please submit your resume to our Human Resources Dept. via email to email@example.com or via fax at 519-485-7442. Our office in Ingersoll, ON is located at 30 Wilson Street, Ingersoll, ON N5C 4E8.