Field Account Manager - Central Canada
Furst-McNess Company is seeking a Field Account Manager in Central Canada. This individual will be engaged in sales and marketing activity and spearhead the development of markets in conjunction with the merchandising, while placing maximum efforts to market and sell all McNess products within the defined region and other areas as requested. Aggressively expand offerings to existing customers, and turn prospects into customers through his/her services and expertise. Works independently, and with other team members, to identify product opportunities that enhance existing initiatives. Provide weekly communications consisting of feedback and recommendations to the management team for the successful execution of the product or program in the market.
- Spearhead growth in the designated region with extreme focus to the sales and marketing of McNess products lines and services.
- Be on the leading edge in regards to feed management trends and practices for further use in developing company programs.
- Meet sales and profit objectives for McNess products and services to satisfy the regional annual business plan and align with company and personal goals.
- Provide weekly communications consisting of feedback and recommendations to the management team for the successful execution of the product or program in the market.
- Recruit new accounts through presentations of programs and products to perspective producers using all available resources.
- Is the local Company liaison with regional contract supply sources, and builds relationships with other industry participants including transloaders, storage facilities, universities, and trade organizations, etc.
- Conduct prospect meetings through effective use of skills, presentations and competitor knowledge.
- Actively maintain a top prospect list within the defined territory.
- Participate in the development of and implement the necessary strategic plan for the assigned region.
- Adhere to Company policy and procedures on Accounts Receivable by maintaining acceptable DSO levels for his or her assigned region.
- Resolve customer concerns and questions in a timely manner independently or through the utilization of other resources.
- Communicate business development opportunities to Management and participates in development of same as may be required.
- Participate in internal meetings and constructively interacts with the entire team.
- Participate in industry associations as appropriate and as directed.
- Be able to succeed within and adhere to the culture of the Furst-McNess Company of Canada, Ltd.
- Ability to perform essential job functions with or without and without supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in animal science/nutrition or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Minimum 2 year direct sales experience.
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office products.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, and is capable of utilizing these skills within all levels of the Company as well as externally.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to all associates and management staff, showing a sense of urgency relative to solving problems, performing assigned tasks, employee concerns, etc.
- Ability to effectively organize work schedules and manage multiple assignments by utilizing time management skills to ensure day-to-day assignments and special projects are completed within guidelines agreed upon.
- Ability to work as an effective team member with the operating area and company, as a whole. Willingness to pitch in and do work that may not be a specific part of the job description for the overall good of the department and company.
- Ability to flexible and be willing to change along with recommending changes that can enhance our ability to serve both internal and external customers more effectively and in a professional manner. Respect other peoples’ points of view and able to take constructive criticism.
- Ability to travel, either by car or by commercial plan, including overnight stays, as business dictates. Must, at all times, possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record (within guidelines set forth in company vehicle policy).
- Uses a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy at all times.
- Capable of working under varying degrees of pressure from supply points and the market.
- Achievement oriented, committed to learning, innovative.
- Displays a commitment to future business and personal development.
- Problem solving skills to achieve successful outcomes.
- Good negotiating skills
- Strategic business sense.
- Team oriented.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Sales incentive program.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plan.
- Paid vacation/floating holidays/company holidays.
- Competitive 401(k) program.