ABAP Developer - Freeport, IL or Des Moines, IA
Furst-McNess Company is currently expanding our SAP team. We are seeking a SAP ABAP Developer who has experience with the design, testing, and implementation of enterprise wide systems across various modules and functional areas. This individual may be based in our office in Freeport, IL or Des Moines, IA. If you are seeking an opportunity to immediately impact a growing business by working with various business units and span across multiple modules in SAP, this maybe the right fit for you.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and enhancement of the SAP system and applications.
- Utilize a variety of client/server platforms when assigned to project teams within an assigned business unit or corporate department.
- Under the leadership and tactical supervision of a project leader, collaborate with company customers, staff, IT and other stakeholders to identify user requirements, assess available technologies, and recommend solution options.
- Attend training classes on a time-to-time basis for industry-related software enhancements.
- Perform other work related duties as requested or required.
- Be able to succeed within the culture of Furst-McNess Company.
- Must perform essential job functions with or without accommodation.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two to five years of ABAP programming experience.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the ABAP/4 language, Development Environment, data Dictionary, BAPIs, RFCs, SMARTFORMS, SQL; SAP Basis Configuration and Microsoft.Net are a plus.
- Possess strong analytical, communication and written skills and be able to work independently.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, and is capable of utilizing these skills within all levels of the Company as well as externally.
- Must be willing to be on call and report to work in the event of a production problem.
- Must be capable of working with other locations and subsidiaries of Furst-McNess, which may result in overnight travel or temporary relocation.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to all associates and management staff, showing a sense of urgency relative to solving problems, performing assigned tasks, employee concerns, etc.
- Ability to effectively organize work schedules and manages multiple assignments by utilizing time management skills to ensure day-to-day assignments and special projects are completed within guidelines agreed upon.
- Ability to work as an effective team member within the IT department and company, as a whole. Willingness to pitch in and do work that may not be a specific part of the job description for the overall good of the department and company.
- Ability to be flexible and be willing to change along with recommending changes that can enhance our ability to serve both internal and external customers more effectively and in a professional manner. Respect other peoples’ points of view and able to take constructive criticism.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plan.
- Paid vacation/floating holidays/company holidays.
- Competitive 401(k) program.
Please submit your resume to our Human Resources Dept. via email to email@example.com, via fax at 815-232-9705 or send via mail to Furst-McNess Company, Attn: Human Resources, 120 E Clark St., Freeport, IL 61032.